View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #182
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I'm 62 as of last Sunday, now officially retired from an 30 year career in IT (Social Security checks start arriving in January), about half of that as an IT Manager. My last job was an IT manager at a local telecom company whose meteoric stock rise in the late 90's, along with the fact that I sold all my tech stocks in late 1999, allowed me to leave my job at age 50 so I've been unofficially retired since I was 50. For the last 12 years I've done part-time consulting for small non-profits.

I grew up in the Detroit area and my first car was a '41 Dodge Four Door Sedan that I bought when I was 15 for $50. A series of hand-me down family cars and another purchased used car made me swear that I'd never own a used car again. I bought my first brand-new car, a Ford, when I was 21 and my experience with that car made me additionally swear that I'd never own an American car again. My next car was a 1974 Celica GT and that led to a succession of sporty Japanese cars, including a couple of Preludes and an Integra GS-R, and then an S2000 that I bought in 1999. I swore I'd never sell that car, but I fell in love with the Z4 M Roadster and when I bought mine it was the first used car I'd bought since 1969.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3point0 View Post
34... Whoever thinks they're officially old once they get to this age, remember, you're only as old as the woman you feel. ( wife's 30)
I had to laugh when I read this, my wife will be 45 next month! She's a CFO and Chief Compliance Officer at a real-estate investment company. We'll be married 20 years in April next year. I'm a very lucky guy!

Appreciate 0