ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
tom...... hold fire... found a company that will machine us a complete 8 rib setup!!! ones been done already here!! looks good, every pulley CNC cut...

wow wow wow wow..... heres a pic of a 15lb boost 8 rib setup they did for an ess vt-500, still using v3si!!!!

New bespoke pulleys to achieve c. 15psi boost. These are now for an 8-rib belt, rather than the old 6-rib one, which should help prevent slipping at high rpm...

im going to call them about knocking me up a 10lbs setup.. tom youve inspired me, its time to leave Ess behind and go forth with our quest for power, the hard bits are in place now, but i do think the cooler needs to be upgraded, as will the oil cooler, radiator!!

just look at those pulleys!! lovely lovely!!
Wow. That would be nice upgrade. Do you know if they had to move parts on the e46 to clear the 8 rib pulleys?

In my other post i said vac mls 0.7. It is a VAC Motorsport steel multilayer gasket 0.7 above oem gasket to raise a the engine head and decrease a tad the compression ratio. I know that it is pretty common on other engines to run safe +15lbs just with a higher head gasket.

Congrats for the award.
Very cool idea in regards to the headgasket.

As per your question about boost, my boost isn't maxing out because i'm on a custom, 2.87" pulley which is coated to not slip, but still slips. Too small, but i got a really good bump in midrange boost

Originally, i had a less aggressive pulley setup than Bdubb, so my max of 7psi was correct for the sizes. Measure your crank and supercharger pulleys and compare them to the chart i posted before