View Single Post
      02-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #16
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp View Post
You've got the configuration correct. However, with Euro headers and a DKF section 1 experience on here indicates that passing CA smog will be a challenge if not impossible. Several, myself included, bought the DKF section 1 because Euro section 1s are so rare hoping (because we were told they would be) that they would be adequate. I've since acquired a Euro section 1 and will be selling my DKF to someone outside of CA who can get some use out of it. Your Powerloops won't be an issue unless the tech doing your visual is a stickler. They won't effect emissions. Hope you're able to get things working.
Thanks for the info. I was actually only worried about visual, but if I am going to be at risk for the sniffer too, then it would require stock Section 1. That is probably more work than I'm willing to do. I may just go to my "guy."

But in case I decide to do the work, then I can leave the euro header in place, and swap the stock Section 1 and mufflers on, correct?

Also, as a general question, are those cats or resonators on the header itself? Is there a cat in the center silencer?

Last edited by Reborn_; 02-11-2015 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0