View Single Post
      06-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Possibly replacing the Z4MC...

Well, just found out that I've got a kid on the way! I'm going to try to hold on to the Z4MC for as long as possible, but I may need to upgrade to a 4 door (or at the very least, a 4+ seater) type vehicle soon. Here are a few thoughts:

Can a child seat safely attach on to the passenger of the M coupe? If so, can the passenger airbag be turned off?

Assuming no to the above, what are some replacement options? I won't drive a SUV or minivan. I want something RWD or AWD, fun, and unique between $25-35k.

Been thinking about used VW R32 and EVO X (SE or MR). The E46 M3 is a viable option, but it's 2 dr. only, and I'm sort of done with stressing out about the S54's maintenance. R32 is 2 door too, but at least it's got a large trunk. Don't really care for a WRX.

Preferably, I'd like something in DSG / SMG so the mommy could easily drive it, but it's not a deal breaker if it's manual.

Really leaning towards the EVO, despite its cheap interior plastics. You have any better ideas?

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0