United_States
Rep
Drives: with both hands and both feet

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
So my 2006 Z4 SI has the N52.

I live in Canada where it is bloody cold. It was 38F this morning. I have never had an issue with my CVV.

My car has NEVER sounded like a diesel.

It has never had lifter noise since I've owned the car, which I bought in September 2009.
yeah... by cold I mean below zero F.

I worked for BMW NA from 2005 to 2015. the CCV is definitely a weak point. the ignition coils are also poorly designed (Remi's fault, not BMW's... the Bosch replacements are fine).

it's also possible, that Canadian cars had the heated and insulated CCV parts from the get-go. I'm only familiar with the US spec cars where regardless of where in the US the car was purchased, it has the "Hot Climate" pkg codes. even of the car has the "Cold Weather" add-on pkg. along with coding for additional HVAC throughput, this code also modifies some oil coolers (talking brand-wide, not looking only at E85/6), so it's not a far leap of logic to think the cars here in the states may have less insulation on oil vapor lines as well.

edit: the CCV deal for the N52 isn't a big deal like it was for the M54... it won't cause the engine to hydrolock... just have excessive oil consumption.
#1498E86 | Sepang Bronze | Dark Sepang Leather | Carbon Leather Trim

Last edited by v3.2mc; 06-12-2018 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 0