View Single Post
      12-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #116
Matt Romanowski
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFGJR View Post
Yes, we should be able to nest a couple more if-then-elses in there, keying off both bakes and throttle being greater than 0, but the question is which input would we want to select in this situation? Throttle or brakes? I'd say use the brake data, and then create yet another math channel that's only throttle position, but with the downshift blips suppressed as per above. Then, that new trace could be overlayeded on the same graph as he combined throttle-brakes trace; most of the time, they're exactly the same line (with a little "clutter" at zero). When doing the 'Shipkiller Techniqure", however, you'd be able to see each input separately.

The only problem here is that it wouldn't work well when presenting the 'pedal inputs" in map format using Track Report view. You'd want the combined channel to have, I think, the throttle input instead of brakes there. Of course, you could make yet another combined math channel just for the Track Report view...

Any of this make any sense?
You could do it where to default to which ever input is great as that is doing the most i.e. if the driver is giving it 40% throttle and only 10% brake, then the car is still accellerating.

I guess you have to step back and say what are we really trying to see? If we want to see the major thing the driver is doing, then we just need whichever input is greater. That is an easier problem to solve. If we want to see all inputs, then we have to figure something different out. I'm not sure the best way to do that.
Appreciate 0