View Single Post
      07-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #7
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

Window noise problem solved [mostly]

I was able to get my driver's side window noise squelched 98% by loosening the single visible Torx-25 bolt mentioned above. I moved it three revolutions couterclockwise. This reduced the noise by around 50%. I then following the published "Window Reinitialization Procedure" and this got me another drop in noise. I believe this procedure re-calibrates the auto glass drop feature and possibly has to recalibrate the fully raised position to do so. Pragmatically, it worked.

I used this "Window Reinitialization procedure" :

Reinitialization:
Avoid a break between the two steps!
• Open door window glass fully
• Operate and hold power window switch in "Close" position (second switch stage)
• Once the upper end position has been reached, hold power window switch in "Close" position for approx. 2 seconds longer
• Open door window glass fully
• Operate and hold power window switch in "Close" position (second switch stage)
• Once the upper end position has been reached, hold power window switch in "Close" position for approx. 2 seconds longer

I find that in my case the remaining slight noise can be squelched by opening the window, pushing the weather stripping firmly against the roof edge, and raising the window.

good luck!

regards

RTC
Appreciate 0