06-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #10
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_M3 View Post
looks great!! good job at matching the imola interior as well. i was thinking of doing just the driver side as well. i actually kinda prefer it that way.

also, what shifter/knob do you have? looks like the jaffster shift knob but am not sure.
Thanks! Actually this is a 3.0si so it's not Imola rather "Dream Red" which I think is actually a little brighter. I believe Imola has a darker look to it.

Correct, I'm using a Jaffster knob, posted a review here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasZed4MC View Post
I was thinking of doing Recaros in mine but after a LOOOOONG talk with HMS Motorsports about belts, half roll cage, seat mounting brackets and like you said a huge PITA for even their shop to do the work I decided to stay with the stock seats.
In all fairness, I won't say it was a HUGE PITA, but a pain nonetheless. That would've been alleviated had someone (the company or manufacturer) properly advertised their products. The optional slider is not optional if you want a seamless install. The slider is what allows everything to bolt/line-up correctly. Without it, you will need to modify the side mount & receptacle hardware. If you plan on running sliders, the install should be pretty straightforward.

I plan to stay with the stock 3pt seat and will not install a roll cage as this is still a street car.

Last edited by 3002 tii; 06-22-2012 at 07:19 AM..
Appreciate 0