View Single Post
      02-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Unhappy P1200 - Service engine soon light came on

So I was just driving and my 'Service engine soon' light came on. Naturally I freak out thinking this is a check engine type of light but when I looked in the manual it says it is emissions related.

So I used a code reader and it came up with P1200 twice but P1200 wasn't in the book.

I searched online and couldn't find anything for BMW under P1200 but for other manufacturers it listed things like, "Injector Control Circuit", "Fuel Pump Relay Circuit Malfunction", and "Positioning of camshaft of right cylinder bank impaired with respect."

Why would P1200 show up but not actually be a BMW code? I'm super worried now. I just called to bring it in for service but left a voicemail with the SA because she wasn't there.

The only thing I can think of but may be coincidental is that I did SMOG my car a few days ago but it passed no problem. Good thing I brought it in then before the light came on.

I hope they don't give me any shit at the dealer for having a non-stock exhaust since the issue appears to possibly be "emissions" related.

Anyone have this happen before or have a source for the P1200 error code from BMW?

Appreciate 0