08-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #82
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Very nice!
Thanks Finnegan! also thanks for your help on fitment/tire/offset questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Sweet!! One Q though? Looks like it would take a centre cap?? Or not? Looks can be deceiving..
Looks like a beaut set of rims though : )
The regular TE37s do take a center cap, but these TE37SLs the centers are machined to save weight so they don't take one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
awesome!! more pics please!!!
I'm detailing her sometime in the next week (work allowing), I'll try to find a nice place to take more pictures after I do. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
The Super Laps look PERFECT on your car and color!

I have the same Bimmerworld studs and they are a PITA in the install with their given instructions.

I bet the car feels great with the lighter wheels.
Thanks! I was a little worried about the color being so similar yet slightly different, but I'm really happy with how they turned out.

The studs were a PITA to install. For those that don't know, you have to double-nut each one since they don't have an allen key hole in the front.

You are right, the car does feel great. I didn't think the difference would be as noticeable, but the whole car feels lighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffBrew View Post
Wheels look great. I never thought of painting the little dust caps so I could leave off the center caps. What paint did you use? Really, I just wonder if it needs to be higher temp paint.
Just regular paint, the wheel hubs shouldn't ever get that hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Nicely done, the SLs look great.
I like your painted dust cap idea .
Thanks intgr8r! As much as I'd like to take credit for the idea, my shop was the one that came up with it. The owner has great attention to detail and they know that I always want the best. You can see their shop race-car (covered) in the background of my pictures, it's a work of art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoublehcubed View Post
Nice valve adjustment write up. I've never seen anyone take the fan out like that, I usually jack the car and crank it from the bottom. Can you post a pic showing where the pin is that frees the fan?

One possible tip on your photos. It looks like you were shooting in Aperture priority around f/2.8 to f/4. Its you crank the aperture down to like f/11 you'll get a lot more of the depth of field in focus, which I think would be preferable when you're using the photos to document something like this.
Thanks! No need to jack with this procedure. I'll see if I can get a picture of the pin and update my thread. @gferil is the one that showed me how to take out the fan.

As for the pictures, my friend Eric took them and he does really great work so I let him do his thing. I think you are right, less artistic photos would've been more helpful, but at the same time the photos look great

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZStig View Post
another sepang bronze on re-37s eh?
Gotta represent the 99 roadsters left