AriuSen
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by longress View Post
Here's what I'm working on to improve my car for the track. -

My local track (still 200 miles away) that I run at is High Plains Raceway in CO. The track has been brutal on the brakes for me with temps above 900*F after 8 to 12 laps so everything I'm working on is to improve braking performance (including my driving style).

The other thing I'm working on is the inherent push that the car has mid corner. The turn in feels good but that is soon followed by the front end pushing. Tire temps show I need more front camber then the stock adjustments allow for. I just picked up a set of KW Clubsports to help with this.

Tires- Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position run best at 40 psi hot. Get greasy after about 6 to 8 laps. OEM wheels and stock sizes. Next set will be wider up front. Tires are consumables so I still have experimenting to do and will try another kind later this year.

Alignment - Max factory front camber was about 1.7*. Rear has 2*. Front toe is set within spec. I like more toe in for stability so I'm closer to the end of the spec.

Springs/dampening - current stock. KW's ready to install this winter so i'll know more in the spring. Stock set up seemed to soft.

Sway bars - stock

Brakes - Steel lines, HI temp brake fluid, Replaced the toasted CSL rotors with ECS performance. Currently making last decisions on custom brake ducting. New Cool Carbon pads installed have less then half the pad left after 1 track day

Nothing on the car for Aero I don't want to add anything else in the mix just yet to figure out.
that is an awesome start! I bet if you run square set up, and install the kw with more camber, you will fix the problem!....man I wish you bought my kws lol.....good price for the mileage......your tire pressure is so high....never seen anyone running 40 hot....i usually run 35 hot with street tires and 31 hot with r-comps.

I had kw on my m3 e92 and with stock springs, 11kg/12kg, I used to run about 1:59 at buttonwillow, but then I decided to do something crazy to completly remove understeer and bought swifts 12kg/16kg......unbelievably I did 1:55 just by changing springs.....the car so much better at turns and no understeer at all! although I had more oversteer than I wanted, but I just soften compression on the rear and voila!
Appreciate 0