08-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Also, if you need to blip "later" into the braking zone, I recommend that you pre- "rotate" your foot as you brake. Like start your braking with your foot angled in a way where the right side of your foot is much higher than the left. That way you can supply adequate pressure on the brake pedal while maintaining the ability to then rotate your foot to still catch the gas pedal.

If you have a chance, catch a few rides with instructors who are very proficient at heel-toe, and you'll likely see that even as they brake into a high pressure braking zone, they'll angle their right knee to the left to allow them maximum pressure on the brake pedal while preparing to blip the throttle LATER.
This is what I do at the end of long straights. Hadn't given it much thought, but for heavy/long braking zones my heel/toe was lousy, and I sorted of tried various things and fell into this. (I'm always out on to the track with a plan and list of things to improve/work on. Guess I'm a bit OCD.) On shorter braking zones, lower speed differentials, the "street" method seems to work fine since I'm not so deep into the brakes.

+1 on going out with advanced drivers and instructors. My last time out with SeanK just watching his hands and feet gave me a few "ah hah!" moments, and opened my eyes to a few things.
Appreciate 0