11-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
m3griff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCZ4 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if its my headlights are dimming or if its just the stock xenon headlight output. My IS350's headlights were starting to get dim and flicker on and off, so I replaced them with new ones, and they were so much brighter.

I just picked up my 06 Z4 not too long ago so I'm not sure if its just the stock output of these lights, but I expected a brighter output given they are projectors. My car doesn't have that many miles on it, around 40k, but I'm wondering if any of you have replaced your xenon bulbs and noticed the output increase dramatically. Side by size my lexus outshines my Z4 output wise. Has anyone else felt their light output wasn't that great? Or could they be my bulbs?

Thanks
My 06 Xenons got dimmer (actually turned pink) - one side before the other. I replaced both bulbs and it was a great improvement. Mine happened about 1.5 years ago. One contributing factor may be the number of times they cycle off/on. I have a garage, so mine are forever cycling on just before I shut the car off.

Jeff
Appreciate 0