View Single Post
      05-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
No, the porsche driver was running slower then me and wouldn't let me pass, he was going REALLY sow into that corner, slower in relative to the rest of the corners I was behind him...
Lame! What run group were you out with? I find it really frustrating when there are cars running inconsistently in the advanced groups but so far this season I haven't come across any particularly terrible offenders. Yet.

Quote:
...so I did not expect it so after I turned in I had to brake hard, pitching weight forward and off the rear wheels, causing the initial oversteer.
Ew. That'll do it! Couldn't tell when or how hard you were on the brakes from the video.

Quote:
The 3 after that were me being a dumbass trying to turn back in before the car was settled, I was really lucky that second one didnt get out of hand. I wouldn't call it "unreal" because the other 3 were caused by my own poor decision making.
I was wondering why it continued to stay hairy. I actually though you had dropped a tire up until you got back up to speed.

Quote:
And the porsche wasn't beautiful either, it has a really ugly flat black vinyl or paint job thing on its hood.
Oh gross. Compliment retracted.

...this past weekend at Summit Point I had an off track excursion myself. Was passing off line in a turn and wrapping it around and picking up the apex and tracking out. I caught some mud which was actually covering up a more sizable puddle and wet the inside tires so the moment I laid on the throttle I stepped it out. I caught the spin but had traveled quite a distance sideways and ran out of track and started mowing some lawn. This little activity of ours car be scary!