12-07-2011, 04:02 AM   #128
IronZ4M
First Class M
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
definatly i hear you.... i understand these coils can go at anytime, ill be going for the okada coils if my stock units go down.... until then ill keep my stock unit.... My country is COLD!! lol so i think this helps.... the MAX temp we get is 34 deg C, and this literally only for afew weeks.... if that.

Re the flywheel, email gpower, i think you'l find that they tell you to leave the flywheel well, alone ;-) i certainly wont be doing flywheel upgrades, i would like an uprated stage 1 clutch however and will buy one in and get it shipped over .... still i think i may get another 15k miles from mine..... if im lucky!!

yup traction SUCKS, i get nothing in first, crap in second, by thirds its hooking up...... if you leave Traction control on, the car goes nowhere, literally nowhere as the stock traction control just kills all power....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
I don't know much about aftermarket flywheels for this specific car. I didn't research it yet, but I don't see how it would affect the tuning...

What kind of tires are you running? 285 is pretty wide! Try lowering the tire pressure to 30PSI, or even 28PSI. Also, an aggressive rear alignment will decrease traction in the back, I'm at -2.5* and I will soon change to stock or even -1* camber in the back
I have Nitto INVO and they should do a good job as they evaluated a gripped tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
changing to a lightweight flywheel will 100% change boost characteristics which wont have been tuned for, i.e faster building of boost @ a certain rev range... drop ess an email and let them come back to you ;-)

iron forget all these massively wide tyres, drop in a proper road legal slick, like the ps cups and a 265 section will have MORE than enough for anything your car can throw at it....
I'll be going for slicks but after I change the clutch. There will be a huge TQ on the clutch so it makes it worse I'll be loosing it so quickly.

we are working on the list to send it to G-Power.

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
Appreciate 0