12-06-2011, 04:44 AM   #124
IronZ4M
First Class M
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
I don't have any clutch issues, and neither does anyone else with this kit on this forum. You probably have a little more torque than us, but a stock clutch that has been used without abuse should still be able to handle things . Use the opportunity to upgrade to a stronger clutch AND a lightweight flywheel. I haven't researched the options yet, so I can't make reccomendations

I was also considering upgrading my diff, but it will make traction even worse in 1st gear
for the clutch I'm going with HPF Stage 1 clutch it holds (300whp-700whp) which is enough. I dont think getting a lightweight flywheel is not a good idea becoz like what I heard that if the car has lightweight flywheel the tuner (G-Power) should consider that and tune the car with a flywheel option or so. If you have an experience with this you could tell me if it right or wrong?

I'm already suffering from 1st gear traction even my car has 285 in the rear the car still cant stick and second gear also is almost the same I'll make a video of that. Need a slick tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
i havent got any clutch slip yet.... but im very forgiving and nice to my drivetrain, i never launch the car, never slip the clutch, never ride the clutch and my pedal bite is still right at the bottom, i feel i have plenty of clutch life left and actually of stock clutches are very good, i really wouldnt suprise me if it needs changing at some point soon however....

Im with you on the fuel pump and coils, i think this is definatly something that should be done, luckily on my low mileage car, its not to much of a big deal but fuel pump wise drop HPF an email... they'll have a complete drop in solution for you and they also have a proper sleeve to allow these to sit in the stock locations....

okada coils are about as good as it gets for our cars but are insanely expensive......

any news from g-power :-)
Beedub, Believe me it's not mileage related when I lost one of the coils my car was in a start up and my car in that time had only 15K which mean 9K in mile. I think Chris from HPF was talking about it becoz it became a serious issue and the coils will fail in our car coed by the high heat. and that what happened when I lost my coil it was summer time. However, we guys who live in the hot countries we face alot of issues that you guys who live in the cold countries. I'll be putting a budget for that coils and others I feels it's a really good things to have them on they just worth it.

I'll post everything new we do

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
Appreciate 0