12-05-2011, 01:01 AM   #116
IronZ4M
First Class M
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
Is that a mirror on the wall or do you have another AW Z4 stashed....
It's not a mirror buddy that is the other G-Power monster in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
its reaaaalllyy not that simple ;-)
yeah this way is great but it changes the ball game... when you inject meth mixed with water this close to the intake i.e AT the manifold your using it as fuel..... when you use it as fuel you need a tune that takes account of that... when you need a tune to take account of the meth you always have to run meth, so if your running at WOT on a meth dependant tune, and say the meth runs out, or the pump fails you engine will most like det to fuck and blow.....

the way we use meth/water is to spray well away from the intake so by the time its got to the intake mani all is doing is cooling charge... this way we dont need any new tune, its till the stock s/c tune but the ecu is seeing a icey cool intake charge giving up more time and more power/Tq... if out meth tank runs dry??? no probs the car just carries on as normal..... so basically for us intercooled guys its like running in 5 deg c chilly winters yet in reality the outside temp could be 30 deg C.....

meth dependant tunes are a complete ballache...... so theirs 2 ways, the cooling charge temp way... or using it as a fuel suppliment...... using it as a charge cooler is a simply bolt in job.........tuning for meth is great on a race car or a car that can switch tunes but on a single tune car.... its way to risky imo..... To use meth as a charge cooler not a fuel you need an Air to Air intercooler.....you need to spray as far from the intake manifold as possible on the outlet side of the intercooler......it also jet steams your engine internals and keep them superclean as bythe time its reached the intake is just vapour....

I finally got what you meant to use this system. actually if asked me I would run it like you guys but unfortunately I dont have that air intercooler .

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
I appreciate what your saying, but the OP doesn't have a myriad of options if he wants to run a water/meth system. Anyone spending this type of $$$ is going to be super anal about everything. There'll be failsafes in place and they will always be aware of his/her fluid levels. No one is re-inventibg the wheel here, however getting a decent tune is the real question. I'm a huge fan of these systems since having it on my built B20 Volvo 142.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
Let him get the car running well first before complicating things with meth
anyway as what Roffle Waffle said let me run the car well then I'll think how to get that systems on

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
Appreciate 0