View Single Post
      07-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #201
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

^dude, come out for monthly coffee and rides at the vineyard shops off 1604 and blanco. cars ranging from old american muscle to modern day hyper exotics fill up the lots in front of panera bread by about 8.30am or so every last saturday of each month. this next one will be on saturday, 30th july, for example. i've attended every single one since july last year in my interlagos m coupe, and i'm usually the ONLY z4/z4m there save a couple of times a few other forum members show as well.

the hill country west of san antonio has some gorgeous elevation changes and twisty, low-traffic roads. of course, the further west u go, the more deserted the roads get. a popular route is 337 to leakey and then up north to kerrville. if u're game for driving a bit further, then hwy 55 and utopia are other alternatives. i'm based way west in del rio so i've got my own hill country routes through fm674 and 377.

if u're ever game for a track event, there are hpde's organized at harris hill road in san marcos (40 miles north on i-35 exit 206). it is a member's only track so if u're interested in signing up for a membership, the folks there would be more than happy to help. really nice 1.6 mile road course.

are u based in either randolph or lackland?
Appreciate 0