drbvac
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M COUPE

Garage List
Changing intake hoses

Nightmare on my street

There are some pics here - one is before I started and you can see where the flex tubing attaches to the air filter and passes through the radiator shroud. Several people have said it tends to rub where it passes through and can wear through causing all kinds of nasty things to go through your impeller.

I ha 2 - 45 degree pieces of silicone and cut them every which way but loose as the angles should have worked to get it from the ESS formed intake to the connector on the filter. Well you can see I cut one as short as I could and still be able to connect them with the metal inside sleeves AND 2 HOURS LATER - not gonna happen. The problem is the 2 45's are the right angle but they move laterally when they meet at the bend - so not as to have a completely wasted night I clamped a 3 " straight hose to the air filter and that is what I will connect the flex pipe to. That will at least mean the 3mm thick silicone hose and the metal clamps are sitting on the pass through where it can't rub through. Hopefully the flex hose if it moves will be free from friction and won't wear 0 suppose I could wrap it after installed with duct tape as its as tough as hell.

I left all the clamps and hoses off cause I have some coloured silicone and silicone clamps on the way. Why do we do this shit to ourselves - If I had enough time and the gear I would redesign the whole air intake system but for sure I can change and clean the filter without taking the bumper off
Attached Images

2006 M COUPE - 380 total production, 1 of 40Imola Red produced for NA , ESS 455 Supercharger, Speedhut Gauges, VPM CLS wheels, 19" Hancooks, Stromung Exhaust, Carbon fibre accessories and black and white badging,
Appreciate 0