bdn3d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4m Coupe/ Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordgeist View Post
Thanks! That's super helpful! They're not fogging on the inside, but are just sort of yellowing, as headlights on cars that are 11 years old tend to do...

My BMW mechanic recommended sanding them down and polishing them, he showed me some results and they look pretty good. That's totally an option, and probably what I'll do after reading these responses. I just like the black headlight aesthetic, particularly the style I linked in that first post. But I love those angel eyes on yours, I've seen your car on IG and it looks great, that's exactly the effect I'm going for. My angel eyes are mostly faded, so maybe there's an alternative.

So basically, pay $1,800 for an OEM solution; risk a shoddy aftermarket kit that may have problems; or, just get them sanded and replace the bulbs?

Thanks for the advice guys!
Best option IMO is to gave them a little spa at detailing spot and to replace D2S bulbs, OEM Hella are not expensive 40 - 55$ per bulb. This is what I would do and what I did in the previous zed.
Had my headlights restored as well but word to the wise, just a simple kit and sanding is a short term fix, it will just happen again. Take your car to a reputable paint shop. They will restore and then shoot a clear over them. This will seal them and insure the restoration will last.

PS the black lights may seem cool now but over time they will become a thing of the past. OEM will always be the way to go. Upgrade your halos if you must but replacing the whole housing with some Amazon or eBay knock off would be the WRONG way to go. In my opinion course...