View Single Post
      09-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #14
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
Here's the thing, I can H/T pretty easily on street WITHOUT rotating my foot. I'm able to but the 2/3rds of my foot on brake, roll my ankle ever so slightly and catch the left side of the gas pedal for a quick blip - all while my foot remains pointed straight up.

However, on the track this technique isn't as effective because on hard braking zones I need to apply MUCH more pressure to the brake pedal. This requires me to place my whole foot (centered) on the brake pedal. And in doing so, I then need to H/T the traditional way of rotating my foot and using my heel to blip the gas. Unfortunately this is not so easy for me to do... call it flexibility or just lack of muscle memory training. How do you guys get around this?

Funny thing is I've been in cars where the gas and brake pedal are further apart so I know in theory this shouldn't be an issue. Would having the gas pedal raised further up help?
I think set-up is key. My track car is set-up very comfortably for me and I have also done it to the z4mc. I only have a size 10 foot, so I install an automatic brake pedal. It brings the pedals closer together and makes it much easier, smoother, and quicker to left foot brake as well. I copied it from a very fast and smooth driver I know, and I haven't looked back. They are expensive but I use the ultimate pedals, but tell them you want the automatic brake pedal (its 4 inches wide or 1 inch wider on each side). It probably won't work if you have Finnegan size feet
Appreciate 0