04-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #610
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
where you moving to????

What made you want to jump into coilovers?? How much did you pay??

imo buy a set of cheap unit from the ebay, once you crack open your stockers they are never the same, we recently did my friends car and when we sealed them back up they looked horrific!!
not sure where I'm moving yet. depends on the job market in the Miami area. I like my current job, and can't find anything there yet (business analysis/marketing)

I've been on H&R lowering springs for almost a year now, and the car has 50k miles on the stock shocks. I feel like they're dying

I understand that the seal of the headlights is tough to re-do yourself and make it neat, but its behind the headlight anyway. If someone could tell me the size of the stock angel eyes, I could order a generic good quality set, and not have to crack open my lights twice. Assuming I can do it. I was planning to make a thin cut with a dremel through the plastic shield around the sealed area and break the seal with a steel wire. Sort of like a windshield is removed

I bought the coilovers from tirerack.com I think they were around $1350 shipped. They should be shipping very soon. I'd like to get the car as low as possible without screwing up the suspension geometry