BruceJ
6 of Diamonds (ret)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy_1978 View Post
Hi all,

a few days ago I was driving in heavy rain. There were a few puddles of water on the roads and I may have caught a few at 30MPH. The day after while driving (with no rain) I had 3 yellow lights which were the ABS, Traction control, Air low and a red brake light!!!

However just before the lights come on I felt the ABS kicking in, or vibration through he brakes as low speeds while stopping, 10MPH or so.

I stopped the car turned the engine off waited a few seconds and re-started the engine, this time the Red Brake warning light was now Yellow. I left it for a few hours, went to test it again and they were all off??? I THOUGHT. Until I drove the car and could still feel what can only be described as vibration on the brake pedals or the ABS kicking in. then the lights were back on???

Could it be....

1. Faulty wheel sensor? Would a diagnostic indicate this?
2. Faulty ABS module...Please god NO!
3. Warped Brake discs?

I have recent;y had my inspection 2 service done at BMW and the only warning they could give me was my Brake pads were slightly low, however they are good for another 3000mile. I have only drove 300 since.

So far the lights have yet to come on (This morning when I drove to work, 15minute journey), but the brakes still feel iffy. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried to clean the sensors, but could not find a Allen key to fit the front bolts, and can not find the black box to disconnect the rears? they seem to vanish into he body of the car????

Cheers in advance guys.

2004 BMW Z4, 2.5, 108K
I had these same issues on my 330i under the same initiating condition. Rain and BIG puddles. Turned out that a couple of the wheel sensors were flooded/shorted where they connect up with the wiring harness Those little boxes in your drivers front and passenger rear wheelwells. Open them and disconnect the wheel sensors. When I did water literally poured out. Paper towels to soak up the water and a spray of wd40 to displace what was left. I also pulled the wheel sensors off the hubs, cleaned them and the area they go into and rebolted. Next day problem lights cleared on their own in about 30 minutes of driving.
Hope thats all this is - Good luck
Appreciate 0