View Single Post
      06-04-2015, 04:02 PM   #22
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches
While it is adding a new component, water/meth is reliable. Other than some one in a million failure, I think the worst thing that would happen is the meth would stop spraying. Then you'll be right back to where you are now.

On my non-M, I use water/meth instead of an intercooler, and it's running higher boost levels than either of the M's... although the compression of the M54 engine is lower. I wouldn't advise tuning for meth on a track car due to the high temperatures and increased risk of catastrophic failure in the event of a problem with the spray, but if you use it as supplemental cooling only, I'm not sure I see an issue. If not for power reasons, I would do it for engine longevity.
The first problem is there are no OEM quality systems , it's a more common issue to have the water/ meth leak though the nozzle and build up in the intake system when not in use , and the biggest issue is I have done the calcs I couldn't go through 1 30 min session on track with even one of the larger tanks . I see no meaningful decrease in performance on track now , admittedly I have a better engine setup than most of you now but if it's not broken don't fix it is my new mantra after the light weight flywheel mess .
Appreciate 0