10-31-2012, 11:11 PM   #19
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferil View Post
You yielded 295rwhp and 243rwt and I got 289rwhp and 240rwt. Wonder what I would get if I had headers/X-pipe added...
My 295rwhp and 243rwtq were from tune only, when the car was all stock except tune. After headers and intake and rest of exhaust system, I got 310rwhp and 256rwtq
But I have since put the OE section 1 back in, so I'm sure I lost a few ponies hah
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Dynapack dyno's are also known to be quite 'liberal' in their readings.
I was told this a long time ago too, but apparently it's a misconception that many have. In theory, one would be almost certain that a wheel/tire combo on a roller dyno setup must resemble more closely real-world and concrete data/numbers, whereas a dyno hooked up to the hubs doesn't have the potential losses in power due to any weight/frictional factors. And I was just as skeptical at first until I came across a well-done experiment posted online by a few tuner guys whom set out to see if the myth had any validity. They tested out two different cars at two different dynoes all on the exact same day and same times (relatively, as the cars went back to back being strapped up to the dyno, etc.). In essense, two dynoes were done in the AM, and two were done in the PM. What they found in comparing a DynoJet vs. a DynaPack was that the DynoJet actually read higher numbers all across the board vs. the DynaPack. This contradicts what most people have been tossing around by word of mouth, but is a form of real-world application in data acquisition, and from what I read, there was no way that the data was tampered with whatsoever; which led me to think that it was trustworthy material.
I did the search a long time ago via Google and I don't recall the site that I read over, but if anyone's interested in it, ya'll can do your own research and reach your own conclusions. After all, research is half the fun, right?
But all in all, it only matters that one sticks to what he/she started with, to stay as consistent and unbiased as possible in obtaining data.
And at the end of the day, we need FI for moar powerzzz lolll..le sigh.

edit: just did a quick search, and I didn't see anything that resembled the site posting that I saw a couple years back. But I did find this, which essentially yields the same conclusion that I eventually adopted.

This vid uses a built test car used on a DynoJet vs. DynaPack in two different boost modes, and all done in the PM time within two hours of each other supposedly. They claim that the standalone ECU they used logged temps and tried to keep everything else consistent as well.

Last edited by mfanatic325; 10-31-2012 at 11:48 PM..
Appreciate 0