11-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #34
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I remember my first ride in a 240z when I was about 15. The dude driving was batshit crazy, and wound that sucker up to some insane speed in a 45 zone, and boy it sure seemed "fast". While still in the musclecar era, here was a car that put out 150 bhp, and ran 0-60 in a shade under 10 seconds. But the seating position, sweet straight-6 noises, squat under acceleration, and sleek, XKE-like silhouette made for one sweet machine. I had to have one someday! A few years later, I bought my boss's 3-yr-old '73 240z for $3800, and I was hooked. Later owned a cherry '78 280z that I bought 2 yrs old with ultra-low miles, then a '93 300zx, which I only kept about a year, and I was done. The "new" 350/370z's do NOTHING for me. But in late '06, I fell for the M Coupe, IMHO a spiritual direct descendant of the 240z.
I hear ya'! The S30's have taught me almost all my track/race seat time experiences. Driving the Z4 coupe felt hauntingly similar albeit I'm speaking of a tuned/not stock 240-Z, with coli-overs and Koni adjustables and lots of update mods.
When I was 15, I wanted a Judge gto, my dad said hell no! SO I bought a 73' Dodge Charger brougham.Lowered it and put wide Centerline wheels and tires and a few performance mods.It was the 400 small block. It would prove to never feel as quick and nimble as the Z and was quickly sold.

The Z4 is a very solid platform,love it !
Appreciate 0