01-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #102
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4RingedONE8T View Post
Fair enough, but as I mentioned these types of setup are built per customer requests/requirements so pricing can vary drastically. It's not a set group of parts with a fixed price. Just the Vibrant Van-Jen clamps on Trevors build added about $600, this same task could be completed with 50 bucks worth of silicones and t-bolts however it drastically changes the look of the hardware and also rids the chance of ever blowing off a charge pipe. It tight spaces, that could be worth quite a bit to reduce future headaches! If you're looking for a set price, I can't give it to you unless you give me some specifics of what you personally would be looking for. In general, for this type/quality of setup on the Z4M expect 18-30k. Who's ready?
(red ^)......this is such a true statement. I've always built my custom turbo systems due to restraints on time and finances. The individual off-the-shelf parts alone can vary by hundreds to thousands when compared, such as his reference to clamps.

In my case,I didn't have the funds...but I did have the skills to design,weld and fabricate. But it takes the same amount of time generally in the end for these custom one offs. The choice of computer and its tune limitations is a whole other concern and cost choice.

I think vendors could avoid a lot of questions with the Minimum to Maximum bids like just mentioned. It at the very least lets a person qualify oneself.

Beautiful work by the way! I'm digging the dual screamer dump pipes....that should light up the night drags!
Appreciate 0