View Single Post
      11-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #10
mhughett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Of course there are 4 jackstands to keep the car leveled. The 2x6 are for the front (to get the jack under the jackpoint)
As someone already mentioned, it is a good alternative if one has no access to jack, jackstand, etc.. My point was that I could do a much better and quick oil change by draining it.
I have the mitvac 7300 that works off of an air compressor (no pumping). With this unit, I can drain the full 5.5 liters of my M in about 2-3 minutes. It takes about 3 minutes to change the filter, and another 3-5 minutes to fill it back up. I can do all of this without a jack, ramps and can do it wearing whatever clothes I want as there is no dripping oil in the process. It cost about $85 shipped from Amazon and I've had it about 2 years. No issues with it so far. Best tool I have in my garage and it is perfect for BMW's that have dipsticks and oil filters on the top of the engine.

Retired--2007 Z4 M Coupe (Imola Red/Black, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, XM, Bimmian stubby antenna, CDV delete, Apex EC-7--Anthracite, Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2.
Appreciate 0