View Single Post
      02-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
schwank
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 z4 m coupe

Hi,
Last year I bought a Set of 4 O.Z. Racing Ultraleggera 18x9 +40mm offset, with 265/35 all the way around from a guy with a stock z4M Roadster. He used them to Autocross. I asked him a few questions, heres what he had to say.

"I ran 12mm spacers in the rear. The car was stock.
Lots of rubber left on the Dunlops, the R1's (slicks) are half gone. The wear dimples are still there though.

I ran 3 different tire brands with a 265 width without issue.
It is right at the limit. I never heard any rubbing, but when I changed tires I could see minor contact marks.
Square Setup: I went to a square setup to reduce tire cost as I was going through fronts faster than the rears. I co-drove the car with my wife so I'll blame that on her. She liked to 'plow' into corners!
This way I could rotate the tires front to back to even the wear better.
It will reduce understeer and increase oversteer. You can enter the corner faster, but have to be a little more patient with the throttle on the way out.
My experience is with autox not track."

By the way, My car is Lowered on KWV3 and the 265's would not fit up front so I have not run a square setup