View Single Post
      01-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #81
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooyorQ View Post
Wow, its really coming together fast Shawn!

Just a note to those reading .. this is NOT my car, its my roomates/buddy's .. my car is a Turbo E46 M3 which runs the same ECU and is also tuned for Flex Fuel/E85. But I'm really excited to see how it performs compared to mine, mine is a built engine with a low compression, so I've lost alot of my low end, and its so fast its really only good for the freeway, on the streets, stop light to stop light I just blow the tires off, and it lags a little. Still a blast to drive, but this with the high compression, running on E85 is going to drive just like factory down low and then its going to kick you in the ass when the turbo spools up, which with this manifold, and running E85 will be pretty quickly. Plus it weighs alot less than my E46 M3. So needless to say I'm really anxious to see how it performs.

Shawn, my guess at 400rwhp was extremely conservative, for gas. Here in Cali 91 pump is crap.. I wouldn't tune for more than 89 for any car that will be forced to use Cali 91 pump. On E85 though thats another story.
Thank you for your honest and insightful impression. Now I'm convinced stock compression and a 10psi supercharger is the route for me. Heck, now I don't even want the lower compression VT3-650 kit