pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
I thought this too. But from dealer pov and insurance values too Nav is an added option vs no nav so kbb will consider it more value to have an out dated nav than none at all. Least that’s my theory.
For my use, even though the NAV is way dated, it still has other uses besides navigating directions to your destination.

The nav is nice to have when when carving on unfamiliar curvy roads to let you see turns coming up and how sharp they are. Sure a phone can do the same, but the nav is always right there, and easy to view.

And if you're lucky enough to have a Intravee II, there's a lot of vehicle info to view on the nav screen:
  • current/max coolant temp
  • current/max rpm
  • current/max speed
  • battery voltage
  • max acceleration/de-acceleration G-forces
  • detailed logs for the last (17) trips showing max values for all the above as well as the time and distance of each trip.
If someone uses your vehicle, or you take it for service (not me), you'll know their max speed and max rpm since it records it
Besides that, there's other coding that can be done with the Intravee II since it hangs on the ibus and sends commands. It's a powerful little box. Check the extras it can do in this PDF.

Intravee_Extra_Features_Supplement_V6.02-7058.pdf
Appreciate 1