Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I do miss the luxury/comfort aspects from time to time on long trips. I've driven 5 from Sacramento to L.A. pretty much non-stop in an E92 M3: I wasn't the least bit tired at all after driving that many hours. I can't say that about any other car I've driven that distance. On the other hand, there are aspects of the Z4M I prefer. Like anything there are tradeoffs.

Friend of mine just texted me about 30 min ago from Alhambra (just south of Pasadena) on his way home to Sacramento in a 1M. Lucky dog!

It's going to be interesting to see what that's like. The 135 I test drove was more nimble than the M3 in some ways (more understeer though) owing to shorter wheel base and lower weight. It was pretty darn comfortable inside. The 1M interior and seats look pretty similar to the M3, and if it's as comfortable as the M3 but even more nimble (M3 suspension bits, LSD, yet shorter wheelbase and lighter) it's going to be the best of both worlds. No EDC, but an M3 w/o EDC is still a very comfortable machine. The looks are more extreme (perhaps even polarizing) than the M3 as well. Many don't care for them, but I rather like what they've done with it. Needs a bit of a drop too though!
I thought of the 1M as well and I saw one or two of them for less than my M3 but thought it was just too small at this point. Meaning I just left the tiny Z4M. What really got me was driving to Seattle to pick up the M3. I had to stop twice in the Z4M because my ass and lower back cramped up. lol I was like F-that.lol I am almost 6'2" and this car is just too small in reality. Keep in mind though I have my seats up so they do not rub against the back. This = uncomfortable Z4M. I didn't want to rub and destroy that back portion and hate the leather on plastic sound. M3, I don't have to worry about that. lol
Appreciate 0