01-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #20
jmillet
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 6 SEL AWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_lm View Post
So this morning I dropped my roommate off at the airport and was driving back home at 6:00 a.m. I was about a half mile away from my house and got pulled over by two Seattle PD officers. I was informed I was pulled over for 1. no front plate (knew this was illegal but hate how it looks), 2. illegal exhaust (didn't know this was illegal, I have the Rogue Diablo so it's not annoying loud) and 3. illegal cover obstructing my rear plate (I have one of those SLIGHTLY tinted plastic covers over my rear plate). I got a warning for the plate cover and exhaust but received a $124 ticket for the not having a front plate on my car.

So, should I attempt to fight this ticket (affix it to the front of my car and take a picture to the judge)? Also, is it actually illegal to have the Rogue exhaust on my car?? I'll take the rear plate cover off.

Any input/suggestions/comments would be welcomed.

Thanks.
Municipalities are strapped for cash so law enforcement folks are out looking for low hanging fruit and not having a front license plate properly displayed is an easy catch.
My wife was recently ticketed in Shoreline for the same offense. She requested mitigation, installed the front plate, went to court, told the magistrate the plate was installed and the magistrate dismissed the citation.
After this incident I installed my front plate too:
Name:  IMG_0915.JPG
Views: 558
Size:  138.9 KB

Appreciate 0