tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by exdos View Post
Tikamak,

Likewise, I'm not attacking you in answering your replies.

I'm afraid that we have to use the conventional terminology between ourselves so that we can exchange information and discuss our opinions. The term "rake" simply expresses the angle that the plane of the underside of the car makes with the road. It is highly relevant to the aerodynamic configuration of vehicles. If by "corner balancing" a vehicle you end up lowering the rear end of the car so that the plane of the underside of the car makes a "negative rake angle" (i.e. you can see the underside of the car when looking from the front of the car) you will increase drag and consequently increase aerodynamic lift. This will both slow the car down and reduce grip. Therefore, why would anyone wanting to improve the performance of a car wish to prefer to think solely in terms of corner balancing whilst at the same time choosing to ignore the importance of rake? I'm not wishing to be argumentative, just trying to be objective and logical.
Having this cleared away, I can join the discussion again

Can you please send me your alignment, front and rear height in mm taken from the bottom end of the wheels to the gap of the fender.

To make it easier for both us please fill it in here so that i compare it to mine:

Front:
Height =
Caster =
Toe (total toe) =
Camber =

Rear:
Height =
Caster =
Toe (total toe) =
Camber =
Appreciate 0