View Single Post
      12-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #12
RGlenn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
If the car is in really nice condition, top looks great, leather is nice, seat bolsters still looking good, paint/body excellent, etc, I'd say you're in the $20K-$24K range with the mileage selling it yourself. You did the vanos rebuild, but did you take care of all known weaknesses in the vanos? If so, that's great, because that tends to be a $1200-$2400 service. Prices are all over the place for vanos work. And if everything is done, the vanos is no longer the worrisome point of failure it was before the service. So, I'd say add +$1500 for the vanos work. But, you're 8K miles away from needing probably Inspection II, valve adjustment, possible rod bearings, and fluid swaps. Possibly needs suspension refurb. So, all those things start eating away when I value a Z4M roadster. If all that work is done by an indy, that's -$3000 to -$4000. If it needs tires, another -$1000.

That's how my mind works on valuing the car. I'd start with a base price of about $24K (I think a little on the high side for 52K miles) and then add and subtract soon to be needed service and wear items, and any cosmetic fixes needed.

Salty

Thanks all for the help in valuing the car. The car does not have navi but I believe it has one of the “premium audio set ups”. I have the window sticker at home but I’ll have to double check what it says when I get back from my short LA trip. Doing everything I can to avoid the NY winters . I believe the car has the premium package, does that mean it also would have gotten a better stereo set up?

I’ve replaced quite a bit of parts on the engine and when I’m back home I’ll find some time to write up a list. Should I sell I’m very much one who would rather be upfront with what I’ve done rather than hiding from a potential buyer. Would certainly like the opinions of the group if anything else might need to be replaced or if I’ve hit all the known likely to fail/wear items.

Thanks,
Ryan
Appreciate 0