SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGlenn View Post
Hi All,

Recently finished up rebuilding a 2007 Z4M roadster that had a vanos failure. Only really been involved with Z4s since I purchased in August. For those that have known these cars longer than I, what goes into determining value of them? KBB and NADA are very different price wise ($8k difference between the two sites). I do know coupes command a higher premium, but where do roadsters currently sit? Car is a 2007 black Z4M roadster with 52k. I purchased the car with the intent to flip it after a rebuild, but of course after driving it I am now undecided .

Trying to get a ball park idea on what these sell for as prices I've seen online have quite a large range. I've seen anywhere from $15k right up to $30k. Appreciate any help!
If the car is in really nice condition, top looks great, leather is nice, seat bolsters still looking good, paint/body excellent, etc, I'd say you're in the $20K-$24K range with the mileage selling it yourself. You did the vanos rebuild, but did you take care of all known weaknesses in the vanos? If so, that's great, because that tends to be a $1200-$2400 service. Prices are all over the place for vanos work. And if everything is done, the vanos is no longer the worrisome point of failure it was before the service. So, I'd say add +$1500 for the vanos work. But, you're 8K miles away from needing probably Inspection II, valve adjustment, possible rod bearings, and fluid swaps. Possibly needs suspension refurb. So, all those things start eating away when I value a Z4M roadster. If all that work is done by an indy, that's -$3000 to -$4000. If it needs tires, another -$1000.

That's how my mind works on valuing the car. I'd start with a base price of about $24K (I think a little on the high side for 52K miles) and then add and subtract soon to be needed service and wear items, and any cosmetic fixes needed.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0