racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Priceless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGlenn View Post
Hi All,

Recently finished up rebuilding a 2007 Z4M roadster that had a vanos failure. Only really been involved with Z4s since I purchased in August. For those that have known these cars longer than I, what goes into determining value of them? KBB and NADA are very different price wise ($8k difference between the two sites). I do know coupes command a higher premium, but where do roadsters currently sit? Car is a 2007 black Z4M roadster with 52k. I purchased the car with the intent to flip it after a rebuild, but of course after driving it I am now undecided .

Trying to get a ball park idea on what these sell for as prices I've seen online have quite a large range. I've seen anywhere from $15k right up to $30k. Appreciate any help!
Oh, the subjective nature of determining the intangible....emotion. There are those that consider vehicles transportation and nothing more. An appliance to achieve Point A to B.

There are those that consider vehicles priceless....no matter their market value. For those, the simplicity of just seeing your ride is enough.

Reality....if money were no object, perhaps we would all wish to drive something else. My dream car would be the 2008 Lotus Exige....the first year of forced induction....Sir Colin Chapman's creed....performance through lightweight.

Back to reality....time of year (winter vs summer) effects valuation. A thought is to perform a search for your model year on Autotrader and select any where in the US and not just in your area.