View Single Post
      10-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
mimarcos
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, 2017 S3 APR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
What track pads are you currently using?
I just have one pad for both right now. Cool Carbon S/T. From what I've heard they're probably not the best, but they didn't fade pretty much all day (I might not have been braking as hard as my first HPDE, who knows). They certainly didn't glaze over or make the horrible squeal the... don't hate... 7 year old BMW OE pads did my last session. The car has 9k miles on it, they were likely the brakes that came with the car (I bought it at 2.5k, doubt they were swapped before I bought it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Yes. Since I swap wheels/tires out between street and track anyway to prolong the use of my R-comps, when I swap wheels and tires, I swap out for track compound as well. With some power tools, RacingBrake's BBK takes an additional 5-10 minutes overall to swap out the brakes in addition to the time spent swapping out wheels and tires so it was a no-brainer.

I don't touch the rotors.
Good to know. Do you have them all around? And what pads do you use for the RB BBK, since it kind of looks like that's what I'm going to be going for (unless there are other suggestions).