04-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #67
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferil View Post
Hahah...surprising that some people like my generic setup the best.

Personally, I think Mfanatic325's system was the hands down winner...

Finnegan, are we still going to be able to add our comments in a section about our opinions on the systems? For example, I feel like the rasp was way more pronounced on the videos, as the cars got further from the mic, of course the mic didn't pick up the bass and the rasp became super apparent. I don't remember hearing that much rasp during the actual runs and I was surprised to hear that much on the videos.

Oh, and listening to the video on a nice set of headphones or a nice system makes all the difference in the world. Systems sound ok on my laptop speakers, but throw my nice over ear headphones on and the video has a whole new dimension to it...also watching it in 720p.

Now excuse me while I spend another 11 minutes watching this awesome video.
Seriously, we've watched it twice!

Yes, I'll set up a grid so we can add owner comments as well as impressions. Will try to do it tonight.

Agree about the rasp. I think the mic just picks it up more than the other frequencies like you said. Also, some of the lower frequency sounds are felt more than heard (kind of like being at a concert rather than hearing it recorded).

And yes, Mfanatic's system sounds Mfantastic! I just like how good yours sounds too--especially for the price! (Sound/couple hundred bucks = great value.)
Appreciate 0