08-17-2011, 02:14 AM   #163
Beedub
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
I got a really nice peak boost number today, but will do a few more runs to confirm

idle isn't perfectly smooth, but the rest of the RPMs feel gooooood
wahhoo post up a pic!!!

but let me warn you, my gauge shows like 8.7ish and sometimes mad figures, because if you bounce the rev limiter it causes it to spike and swing on the gauge, if you can do some CLEAN runs without clipping the redline right on the nail @ 7900rpm, thats your boost......

however with your higher redline, your going to see moooorree!!!

do a clean 8000rpm run in the first three gears, this will give you a very good indication of your peak boost!! the right hand button is peak ;-)
i cant believe you left this like this and left me hanging!!! WTF??

boost gauge pic.... like now!!!!

what boost are you thinking your getting????????????????????????????

here is mine @ 7900 rpm showing about 8.6ish psi, this was a 1st to 3rd full bore run, taking it right to the wire in terms of the redline, you know those runs where you literally brush the redline, and get the perfect full bore shift?? that was these runs... this is the most boost i ever see, im in regualr contact with ess RE this large amount of overboost, my tune however is bang on in the low to mid 11s and low 12s in the higher gears with longer pulls (4th-6th), very safe and in a good range for power :-) im Very very pleased with my high boost pulley an the performance of the car in my englands cool climate is BLISTERINGLY fast.....my tune is behaving perfectly in all the rev range, if anything id like it to lean out slighty more into the 12.3s, ess has left plety of safety margin.

i LOVE my wibeband i can see exactly whats happening all the time, ill never be without one in a tuned Fi car, this is my first time having a wideband in the car and i love the benefits and the stack wideband has some sick features.

ok so boost wars??? lol post up your peak!!! full bored run 1st-3rd using every last drop of the revs.
8.6ish psi boost, i wanna see that finger clearly on peak as well!!!!

(fyi here is the stack wideband unit)

Last edited by Beedub; 08-17-2011 at 07:55 AM..
Appreciate 0