View Single Post
      12-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #13
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I did mine a couple of months after buying my car in 2012. A friend who owned the kit helped me out. If you've done mechanical work before, it's no big deal. I had done valve adjustments years ago on other cars, but none that used shims. You just need to be organized and careful, check things twice, and be patient. The biggest caveat is to make sure that you have plugged all holes with shop rags or shop towels. You may drop a couple of shims, but as long as everything is plugged you just have to find the shim and fish it out. It took us about six hours but we also stopped for lunch in the middle and took a break.

It helped having a friend who had already done the valve adjustment on his E46 M3, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it myself next time.

Appreciate 0