View Single Post
      04-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #64
R32
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipman View Post
So my problem was that I couldn't heel toe. I was finding my brake pedal at the end of a straight, was ending below the level of the accelerator. This was making rolling my foot impossible, because I was already below the level of the accelerator.
So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend an adjustable system to add height to the brake pedal, so when I'm standing on it, I'll be closer to level with the accelerator?
i heel-toe like senna does in his video-- i'm guessing you're saying that you were trying to do it the same-- brake with ball of foot, blip throttle with lateral side of foot.

what you don't see in the senna video is what he is doing with his right knee. if you move your right knee as far as you can to the left while braking, then you can brake as hard and deep as you want with the ball of the big toe and still not hit the gas. move knee to the right to lower the lateral foot onto the gas pedal for a blip.

it's this sort of thing that you can't practice on the street, because you essentially never brake that deeply.

other ways (heel on brake, toes on gas, or vice versa), to me, are much harder because you are trying to do a moderate movement with the ankle while the leg is pushing out very hard while braking- that would be like trying to write while arm wrestling. with senna's way, you control how strong the blip is by how far you move the knee to the right.
Appreciate 0