View Single Post
      03-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #50
zeroselect
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
I am totally open minded but you are also totally wrong.
You go on to say your totally open minded and then "you are also totally wrong" how is this opend minded? Seriously is that really being open minded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
I was listening in on the beginners drivers meeting and one of the main comments they had was that unless you know how to properally heal toe you are only going to be able to go so far in performance driving.
Heel and Toe is a techinque to "rev match" while still braking. This doesn't disprove me because you still have to "heel and toe" at the end very end of your braking before your turn in (or sometimes while in your turn in). Understand that the clutch in and braking is only done at the end of a very long straight. When your going from 160+mph in 6th gear and having to brake down to 60mph into 3rd gear.

If you feel that engine braking is the best then you would maximize this by rowing through the gears with the most amount of rpm without going over redline. You should be taught that rather than going through the gears going into 6th gear to 3rd gear. Now this is getting into a different subject.

Next track event bring it up in the classes and to the instructors. Also go take a ride along and see how what they do at the end of a main straight.
Spare Track: 93 Nissan 240sx
Appreciate 0