View Single Post
      05-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #26
nickpapa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

when i was talking about 2 ways or 3 ways i wasnt referring to anything that had to do with bass. by 2 way i meant 2 6 1/2's 2 tweeters and 2 crossovers. by 3 way i meant the same as a 2 way but also including a 3" or 4" mid (2 obviously). not sure if you confused what i said.

bass from the front all depends on the speaker you use and the install. if you just pop out the speakers and put the new ones in i can gaurentee you it will not have as much bass then if you actually deadened the area and sealed it off. the install can make the most expensive speakers sound like crap. i have rainbow germaniums on the floor and before i added the sub i was stunned at how much bass they put out. i also deadened the whole area with dynamat xtreme. regardless of what you do (to answer your question), you will need to remove some panels to run wiring to the amp. there is no way around it. but believe me, it's very simple. most of it just clips right off.

my opinion, stick with the 2 way setup in front and get an 8 inch sub. thats what i have currently and am extremely impressed with the output top up and top down.
Appreciate 0