View Single Post
      05-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #23
nickpapa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

you dont have to pop off the door panels (even though it's extremely simple). you can tap into the wiring that is behind the floor speaker (both the tweeter and door speaker have the wiring going through there).

why not just get a set of components that come with a crossover instead of going with a 3 way. crossovers are also not expensive. there are expensive crossovers but there are also cheap crossovers out there. the more expensive ones have more that you can adjust such as tweeter db, slopes etc. where as the cheaper ones have only 1 setting that you cant adjust. also remember, the amp you are connecting them to will have some sort of crossover adjustments which you can play with as well.

in my opinion, forget about the 3 ways, 3 ways are only good if you get some highend ones which allow you some detailed adjustments as 3 ways are the toughest to image correctly. get a set of 2 ways (woofer, tweeter, crossover) and run the door speakers (not the tweeter) off of the new headunit. actually my headunit allows me to shut off the speakers that are not hooked up to the amp and just run the floor speakers and it sounds A LOT better like that.

depending on your budget, you have a lot of choices.
Appreciate 0