View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #25
GammaZeta
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
As for used 911's, while I do prefer their look over the cayman, my impression is that the driving experience can't rival the 981 cayman's and economically they actually cost more than a new cayman when you factor in depreciation and maintenance. They also don't hook me like the z4 coupe does, partly I think due to their lack of unique presence (see them all over the place). The cayman at least offers a little more exclusivity.
If you're looking for a driving EXPERIENCE, you will not find a better car than a classic 911. If you've ever driven a set-up, classic 911 with modifications and updated engine and tranny, you would never look at the Cayman again.

They're also much better economically than a new Cayman. As soon as you drive that new Cayman off the lot, take $20,000 off from what you just paid for it. Drive it for 2 or 3 years, and it's down to $25 or even $30,000 off.

You could even pick up someones project 911 off of ebay with an updated drive train for somewhere south of $35,000. Slap $15,000 on suspension, cosmetics and other misc. things, and like in the video, you will have a 2,100 lb, 275 hp car that is totally unique and custom to you and will beat the snot out of most modern cars, including the new Cayman in looks, cornering and straight.
Appreciate 0