Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [7.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 218dhb View Post
they are geared towards very different people though. i think the new Zed is nice, they did what they had to do for the luxury/price boost. everything from the interior quality to the i-drive is a long needed update for a BMW in this day and age. the 300hp engine is noway near slow and with the new 7 speed dct trans i would love to see a real world test on a quarter mile between the two to judge which is truly faster..considering a human can not shift as fast as the dct, my bet would be on the new zed. the new zed reminds me of a benz 500sl, luxury but the prick has got balls! BMW is a luxury brand and they should be pricey, if you want a decent priced german car then buy a VW. if you want a track/sports car then buy a lotus or new vette for the money.

the Z4m is a freaky car to drive for sure, you made the same decision i would if i were in your shoes!

is it just me or does the new zed look smaller then the older design in life?
Here is a picture when I was debating on getting the new Zed or M. These were the 2 vehicles I test drove couple couple months ago. I did not buy either of these testers, but the new Zed looks bigger when side by side in my opinion. I think in a quarter mile straight line, the new Zed (DCT) maybe faster, but will fall behind in the corners compared to the M.

The Orion Silver was the one I test drove a couple days ago at Sonnen BMW. I have yet to test drive a regular manual.
Attached Images