11-17-2017, 05:30 AM   #3
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
My reply may be is a bit late but writing it anyways as it may help someone else.

I'd go to Autozone and rent some manifold gages and do a pressure test. How the high & low side pressure reads will indicate what's going on. I have a chart that will help you interpret your pressure readings. You can also use those gages to shoot some dye into the system and with a black light you can easy find if there are any leaks. My Indy was doing a coolant flush for me and noticed that I had a leak right at the front of my AC compressor. So I took apart the compressor and replaced that shaft seal and while i had my system apart i changed all the AC line O rings and dryer as well. Probably should have replaced the Expansion valve but decided not to. Than i just charged the system after testing to make sure the system was sealed. Not the easiest job in the world but doable. The hardest part is diagnosing the problem. I saved a good amount of cash as my Indy wouldn't just repair my compressor but would only replace it.
Appreciate 0