View Single Post
      01-02-2018, 05:12 PM   #19
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
I always use realoem but can't ever seem to find small pieces like the hood shocks
You have to know what to look for. The BMW TIS is laid out in a fairly logical manner but even I get trapped sometimes. Especially between "trim" parts and "body parts."

Of course, you can always just google. If I'm looking for PN for a part that I have a vague description for, I'd google "turner motorsport [insert parts description]" or "ECS [insert parts description]" and 99% of the time they return the part that I am looking for and the OE part number faster than I can search for on RealOEM.

For example, search terms "ECS Z4 Hood Shock" yields:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-febi-par...237016178~feb/

Usually the prices are somewhat reasonable I'd just end up buying it outright there vs. actually more competitive shopping via PN.

Then again, there's that stupid trim piece that only came if you buy the WHOLE trunk liner. That took me hours of searching only to realize that you can't buy it separate.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0