View Single Post
      12-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #9
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
Thanks for the input guys. I figured the problem is somewhere there, however, I replaced the ignition switch November 2016, maybe I'll need a new one who knows.

There's not many options for BMW here in my area. I refuse to take my car to the dealership as they're the ones that gave my car all these problems. I'm running out of options but the problems I'm still dealing with are:

* Key remote locks and unlocks car but it doesn't beep at all when locking and it used to beep once. It does beep twice when unlocking vehicle.

* When it's pretty damn cold/hot outside, the airbag symbol shows up on the dash, causing my turn signals inside to either get stuck or not click at all. From what I've noticed in reflections, this problem does not affect the outside lights when turning signals are activated. The airbag light also affects the radio buttons and steering wheel buttons, they lose all function. It sometimes affects how cold the A/C blows.

* Driver's window is still an inch down. I've had this window down since maybe August (can't believe I've had that issue this long, just shows how fed up I am). I got the window motor in the garage, just haven't made time to swap it out. I hope that's the issue.

Things that have been replaced since November 2016:
* brand new key
* brand new ignition switch
* brand new battery(ies)
* sent my GM5 to Scott, he said it's perfectly fine

I'm guessing the airbag module could be the culprit or something having to do with the steering wheel, or behind it. I really don't want to sell my car, I don't care if I have to spend a few thousands to get it back to how it was originally. I just need to find someone that's willing to put effort into repairing it.

I also have issues with turn signals and radio non functioning along with all other "body electrics" like PDL, PW, PT, horn
My headlights and Fogs are also affected ie only DTRL work.
Tried a known good GM5 module with zero change.
I will be giving the ignition switch a try next.

At least BMW put some fail safes in for this occurrence as the indicators taillights and brake lights still function.

I will be taking at to a local indy shop in the spring for diagnosis if the ignition switch replacement doesn't work.

Wouldn't trade/sell my zed for the world though
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0